1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup raw brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup organic coconut oil
1/2 cup cacao fruit sugar (substitute with coconut sugar or organic brown sugar)
1. Mix the flours, sugar, a pinch of salt and the cornstarch in a food processor.
2. Add the vanilla and the coconut oil, pulsing the food processor blades until you get a soft, golden dough. Wrap and chill for 30 mins to rest.
3. Heat the oven to 325F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4. Shape the dough into an even tube and roll in cacao fruit sugar. Place in the freezer for half an hour.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut the roll into about ½ inch thick slices.
6. Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden brown. The outside of the cookies will be much darker thanks to the cacao fruit sugar.
7. Take tray out of the oven and let cool for a few minutes to firm up, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.