2/3 cup raw brown sugar
1/2 cup organic coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup oat milk (can substitute with any other milk)
1/4 cup water
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/3 tsp salt
1 ¼ cup dried cacao fruit
Sprinkle on top: organic coconut sugar
Heat oven to 375°F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with baking cups.
1. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, coconut oil, oat milk and water.
2. In a separate bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Add the dried cacao fruit and mix fully.
5. Scoop the batter into cases up to 2/3 full.
7. Bake for about 15 minutes, then sprinkle with some coconut sugar and bake for an additional 2 more minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let the muffins cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
8. You can top with powdered sugar.