3 medium bananas
3/4 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 cup cacao shell flour pancake & waffle mix (can substitute with gluten free flour and 2 tbsp unsweetened organic & natural cacao powder)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup milk chocolate chips + 1/4 cup for topping
1 can coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
1 tsp cacao fruit sugar (can substitute with coconut sugar or organic brown sugar)
5 tbsp 100% cacao hazelnut butter
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8inch cake pan with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
1. In a stand mixer / hand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the bananas and organic brown sugar until the bananas are mashed and the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the applesauce, vanilla and egg and mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: flours, cacao powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
5. Fold in the chocolate chips and pour into the prepared cake pan.
6. Sprinkle the top with some more chocolate chips.
7. Bake for about 30 minutes. Make sure to check the center with a toothpick to determine doneness. We recommend eating it warm.
8. To make the frosting: Refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight. The next day, open the can and take only the fat from the top and leave the liquid behind.
9. Whip the coconut milk fat with the spread and sugar until thick and fluffy.
10. Scoop on top of a piece of cake and enjoy every bite!