1 1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 egg yolk
1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste (can substitute with vanilla extract)
3 tbsp 70% chocolate chips
3 tbsp 100% chocolate chips
1/4 tsp salt
1. In a small pot on medium heat, bring about 90% of the milk and all of the cream to a simmer.
2. In the meantime combine yolks, vanilla, and sugar into the rest of the milk bowl and whisk together.
4. Once it reaches simmer, pour half of the hot mixture into the bowl while whisking. Whisk together for a few seconds and pour back in the pot. It is important to whisk constantly to prevent the yolks from cooking.
5. On low-medium heat, cook the cream until it thickens, it will take a few minutes. Keep stirring with a rubber spatula to ensure even cooking.
6. In a measuring cup, place the chocolates and salt.
7. Stain the hot mixture on top. It is important to stain to avoid cooked eggs in your hot chocolate.
8. Mix together, with a rubber spatula or an immersion blender.
9. Pour into glasses and enjoy!
10. * If you want it cold, add ¼ cup of milk, a handful of ice and stir together.