2 cups oat milk (can substitute with any other preferred milk)
pinch of salt
1/4 cup unsweetened organic & natural cacao powder
2 tbsp coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
2 tbsp raw brown sugar
1/2 cup of oat milk + 2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp 100% chocolate chips
2 tsp cacao nibs
100% chocolate (melted)
1. In a small pot, heat 2 cups of milk with salt, natural cacao powder, coconut sugar and raw brown sugar.
2. In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of oat milk with the cornstarch until dissolved.
3. When the milk in the pot is warm, add the starch mixture and bring to a boil.
4. Whisk constantly to avoid lumps. Once boils, keep on whisking for two minutes.
5. Lower to a simmer for one more minute and then turn off the heat.
6. Add the vanilla and chocolate chips and mix until the chocolate melts.
7. Transfer into individual cups, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge to set for a few hours.
8. Garnish with some cacao nibs, melted 100% chocolate and toasted nuts on top before you eat for some crunchy texture.