2 cups toasted hazelnut, preferably without skin
2 cups pitted medjool dates
4 tbsp unsweetened organic & natural cacao powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup shredded coconut + more for rolling
2 tbsp Dried Cacao Fruit
1. Toast hazelnuts at 350 F for about 15 minutes. You will know that it is done when there is a toasty smell but don’t let it burn.
2. In a food processor, process the dates, cacao, vanilla and dried cacao fruit until well combined.
4. Add hazelnuts, coconut shreds, dried cacao fruit and pulse until finely chopped.
5. Roll into balls (it will help if your hands are a little wet) and coat with coconut shreds.
6. It is best to store these in the freezer.