1 cup almond milk (can substitute with any other milk)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2 tsp unsweetened organic & natural cacao powder
1 tsp cacao fruit sugar (can substitute with coconut sugar or organic brown sugar)
1 tsp organic brown sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp 100% chocolate chips
3 tbsp cacao nibs
3 tbsp toasted hazelnuts, chopped
1 tbsp dried cacao fruit (can substitute with Goji berries or chopped dates)
1. In a small pot over medium heat, warm the milk and salt until beginning to simmer.
2. Reduce the heat and add the organic cacao, cacao fruit sugar, organic brown sugar and oats. Simmer on low heat, stirring occasionally until thickens.
3. You can control the consistency by cooking it less or longer as you like.
4. Turn off the heat. Cover and let it sit for about 5 minutes to cook the oats more thoroughly.
5. Remove cover, stir and serve. You can garnish with 100% chocolate chip, cacao nibs, nuts, dried cacao fruit or anything else you like.