1/4 head romaine
1/4 head Boston lettuce
1 cup microgreens (can substitute with 1/4 bunch watercress)
1/2 cup Dried Cacao Fruit
2 ripe avocados, seed removed, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 whole skinless boneless chicken breast, halved, cooked and chopped
1 tomato, seeded and chopped fine
2 hard-boiled eggs, separated, both finely chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
2 tbsp cacao nibs
1/3 cup red-wine vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1/2 tsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp organic brown sugar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper
1. Rinse, dry and coarsely chop all lettuces. Toss together in a large salad bowl with the watercress.
2. Over the greens, arrange the chicken, avocados, tomatoes and Dried Cacao Fruit and garnish with the chopped egg, chives and cacao nibs.
5. To make the vinaigrette: in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, coconut sugar, organic brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add the oil in a slow stream and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
7. Pour the dressing on the salad and serve.