2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
1/4 cup water
1 3/4 cups soy milk (can substitute with any other milk)
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 cup cacao shell flour pancake & waffle mix (can substitute with 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour and ¼ cup unsweetened organic & natural cacao powder)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1. In a small bowl, combine the ground flaxseeds and water, stir together and set aside. It will thicken and act as the “egg” component.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the milk with the apple cider vinegar and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine all the dries: flour, baking powder, salt and coconut sugar.
4. Add the flax mixture, the milk mixture, coconut oil, vanilla and dried cacao fruit to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
5. Use a non-stick waffle iron, pour about a scoop of batter onto the waffle iron and cook until it is crispy on both sides.
7. Serve with vegan chocolate hazelnut spread and bananas for a perfect flavor combination.
* Note: The batter should be fairly thick. If it's too runny, add a few tablespoons of flour. If it's too thick, add a little more water.